Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

broken from the lines
that bind the illusory schism,
my stage is laid to tread
the hollow empire unknown
dancing with the flames of the curse,
the inevitable confrontations granting a misstep,
choices are illusions
we did not make the rules;
the game has already begun.
time passes as shades of rapture
darken still the spaces of emptiness,
i am still worthy, unimpaired, still adopted by time
within the deception of the abyss

Hello Eden, I taste the forbidden fruit,
Let it rob me of my senses
Wake me in heavenly Shangri-la
The forbidden, yet I seem to love it so

Unyielding indulgent fool! I am told that I am drowning
Shipwrecked from the ship sailing to utopia
Help, somebody, throw me a line, its freezing!
Oh thank you, I see the shore, the water is getting warmer,
But wait, I'm getting weary, I could rest awhile, or go back.
Some have tread this path; others are waiting.
I have made it my home
This abyss.

5 comments:

  1. Again some from my juvenile days of careless penmanship. Wrote this during my period of huge depression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and expressive in a strange, surreal kind of way. hope to see more because if this was penned during your juvenile days, i can imagine how good your post-juvenile poems would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, one good thing about bouts of depression is they can nurture and bring out creative juices that are otherwise neglected in happier times. Why don't you just give us the link to your old blog, Alan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! ur good! very inspiring...u shld write more...i wish poetic skills r steal-able, i surely wud hv robbed u of ur skills n leave only kafka's influence behind hehe make a compilatn of ur poems yaar i ngah hmel sia wud be nice to read in a book form or stg, ur lucky u cn create beautifl works of art even wen ur depressed, keicu i shed litres of tears n thats abt it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ruolngulworld: im honoured by your words. but i don't take myself seriously as a writer at all. its sad to say i have virtually no post-juvenile writings. i guess learning literature has taken the joy of composition out of me.

    @Calliopa: i deleted my old blog. there was hardly anything in it anyways. maintained it for a month maybe.

    @jay-me: hihihihihihi ka zak!!!! wat skills yaar? compile tur tham ka nei teuh nang i must've thrown away as much as i wrote. its good that yo can use crying as therapy; keichu somehow i am compelled to write but the knowledge that it most always will fall below standard makes the misery more irritating. i only post the ones which resonated more like testimonies of those particular times in my life. the word "schism" was influenced by a Tool song,the phrase "shades of rapture" just came to me etc etc it brings back memories. nuam ve mai mai a.

    ReplyDelete